Friday, September 2, 2011

Hong Kong - day 1

We arrived safely in Hong Kong. After getting our passports stamped there was virtually no customs as such and went straight through.

We are staying with my brother and his wife at Discovery Bay...also known as Disco Bay and D Bay. It's a short ferry ride from Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. We woke this morning to what I thought was fog but as it turned out it was smog. It was so thick like a heavy fog and lasted all day.

To my sewing sisters ... I treated myself to something very special today. We headed off to the Western Markets on Hong Kong Island and I bought myself 3 pieces of lovely cotton fabrics. We then went to a tailor in Kowloon with the fabrics for them to make me a lovely dress. What fabulous customer service......we all received a beer while I was choosing my dress! I went back in the afternoon for the first fitting as I wanted the dress finished by the time we leave on Monday.....yes madam we can do that for you! Nothing was a problem for them..... they were so fast







We had lunch over the other side of Hong Kong Island and the day was just perfect until I had to use the ladies toilet. I thought 'what do I do with this hole in the ground?'. Well, all those squat exercises I've been doing certainly paid off! I couldn't show you a photo of the ladies loo so I've got a photo of our lovely lunch instead lol!



The first day of our adventure ended with the beautiful lights of Hong Kong sparkling and the light show we could see at Hong Kong Disneyland as we took the ferry back to Discovery Bay!



Tomorrow we will be sailing round Hong Kong Island and dropping anchor to go snorkeling!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ann.

    Your firs blog was very interesting. I know what you mean about the loo,they are very daunting fortunately they are not all like that.

    The dress is looking lovely, I do like the color,also glad you got some more material.

    Looking for ward to speaking to all.

    Love Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Tony & Ann,

    I hope your trip is going well. I remember my travels through Europe in the 80's... what a hoot! I mean... maybe another time.

    All is well in Oz, except for Cyclone Dennis ravaging at the coral sea and Cyclone Ferguson in Bass Strait.

    I have just returned from Cambodia. It was good, more guns than I expected though. The food was rubbish, but the weather was good... No tan lines here! I stayed with Boupha Botum, on Wolfgang's suggestion. Highly recommended, he is an outstanding host. He has eight of the loveliest children I have ever met, very hard workers. Even the little toddler collected wood... how cute.

    Enjoy your travels and I look forward to some Glühwein and polaroid swapping on your return.

    Auf weidersehen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are fabric shopping already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic that you found fabric on your first stop. Least you don't have to carry it with you the whole way - you get to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol at the fabric find....you make us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Ann!!!! Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, fabric, and a gorgeous dress! Diving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Girls I did well.....first day of my holidays and I did a beeline for the fabric. There were that many fabric shops I was overwhelmed. I could have bought so much more but I would have had to pay a lot to get it home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...