Sunday, October 2, 2011

Santorini - day 31

No cruising for us today:
1. Our lovely host from Sunset Hotel, Nek, forgot to book it for us
2. Tony woke up with a sore throat this morning - he was going out in sympathy for me.
So we decided to hire a car and set off to discover the island of Santorini. If you follow the map you'll see where we went today.


We drove, in our Fiat Panda, about 15 mins across the island to Kamari Beach and decided to stay and relax for a while. Tony was brave and went for a swim.....but not me. It's a bit like my beers.....I like a cold beer on a hot day and I like a cold swim on a hot day too. Today was still a bit too cool for me. Yep, I know a whimp! The beach there is made of small black pebbles ..... Nothing like our gorgeous beaches in Oz! But it was very civilized with the straw umbrellas and chairs......we thought this was lovely until we had to pay 5 euro for the hire.







What a hunk!

A few Asian girls were walking around the beach and offering massages. Tony decided to have one and negotiated a price of 15 euro for a 1/2 hr massage. Somehow I think it helped his sore throat! So I thought it would be nice to have a massage but as it didn't want to get my clothes off I just asked for a shoulder and head massage.




Nice and relaxed we drove another 15 mins to Perissa Beach and had something to eat and take in the beautiful scenery. Perissa, very much like Kamari, had a black pebble beach. Both beaches were beautiful and serene!




We wanted to catch the sunset and were told the best place to go is Oia which is at the top end of the island. So we headed off as the sun was starting to set. It took about 25 mins to get there and was a hot spot for photographers. The view and sunset was to die for but Tony and I both agreed that our little deck at our hotel was just as good for sunsets and very quiet.





Now that's a sunset!









We are both feeling a lot better after our beautiful, relaxing massages and to end off a perfect day we had dinner at a nice restaurant called Vanilia. It was a last minute recommendation by friends of Tonys.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...