Saturday, October 1, 2011

Santorini - day 30

I can't believe I've done 30 days of blogging.....who would have thought I could keep the blog going. I must admit though when you are in holiday mode you are more relaxed, have more time and each place you visit really presents you with a lot of material to talk about. When I started my blog I had no intention of blogging every day. I thought I'd blog when I got round to it. But when wrote my first entry 30 days ago ..... Hong Kong - day 1 ..... I think I set myself up to keep writing and I'm glad I did.


It started out that I would write the blog to keep mum and dad informed as to where we are and what's happening and it's turned out to be really enjoyable and a wonderful memory of our holiday in years to come.
Mum says she gets up every morning eager to see what we've been up to. We also Skype them a lot too which they really enjoyed. So they have really enjoyed our holiday too!


Today started with a trip to Murphy's Bar to see the last quarter of the ALF grand final. It was about 9:30 am here and there were quite a few diehards drinking beer and shouting every time one of the players had the ball. How many of you have seen the ALF grand final at Murphy's Bar on Santorini....what a fantastic memory to have.





Apart from that it's another relaxing day in paradise.....sitting around relaxing in the sun and trying to find the best view. I keep looking out our window to make sure the view is for real.


I've turned into the cat woman! For brekky we get an egg with toast, jams, coffee, beautiful Greek yoghurt and hams and cheese. I've been saving my ham and cheese for the resident pussy cat who turns out to be a mumma cat. She is young herself and has 5 kittens. Mumma cat comes by everyday at breakfast and dinner and searches out guests to feed her. And I'm pleased to say that a lot of the guests do feed the cats here on Santorini. The poor mumma cat is so thin as she is still feeding her kittens.





They sleep near the air conditioning units as its nice and warm and they wait for mumma to return home.

I have the start of a sore throat......so send me good vibes please as I don't want to go home not feeling well. I'm thinking positive thoughts and taking throat lozenges and so far so good it hasn't progressed. Cross fingers.



Tomorrow, if my throat is ok, we will be going on a cruise around the small islands near Santorini. One of the islands has hot springs!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...